Friday 25 June 2010

Locations for my Thriller

Locations
There are many different places a thriller can be set and as my main character is a cyber criminal who then meets with people rapes and then murders them some location will be more suitable than others.

I beleive that in an open field would be effective near a house in a corner. This would be mysterious as it is not on top of the house and place he may have sat at the computer and having a conversation with a young vunerable girl.



















Another possible location could be the place that they meet up to place in the teaser trailer such as a bus stop, which then leads them down an alley in which anything can happen.













Down an alley would be a sterotypical location as it is a hidden location late at night in which most people will not go to, also a young girl may look vunerable and inoccent down a side street meeting up with an older man.


When selecting a location for my thriller film I have to be very aware of what is accesible, around me and what i can succesfully film. For example a field would be very easy as I am surrounded by them. Also a bus stop would not look as effective for my thriller as it is only a teaser trailer and also to get to the style of stop I would desire I would have to travel a long way. An alley however would also look very effective and I think that a combination of the two would work well as all all a teaser trailer does is provide the audience with hints.

No comments:

Post a Comment