Wednesday 16 June 2010

Initial Ideas

Themes
· Thriller
· Comedy
· Romance
· Action
· Crime
· Horror


There are many different themes which I can base the trailer around. I do not like the idea of a comedy as these are very hard to film and making it funny is very hard, also to get peopole to act how you want would be difficult.
A romance would be very effective however this genre does not interest me therefore I would not be as motivated to complete a trailer, also i do not think by using a romance I could use such a range of shots and camera movements.
An action tweaser trailer would also be very hard due to the resources available and all of the action films usually have very large budgets and lots of special effects, this is also similar with a horror as they use a lot of make up and effects.

Therefore the theme/genre I would like for my film would be Thriller, because from AS we have some experience and knowlage from the thriller genre. Also over the year my skills would have improved and I will understand what shots look good and which are not so effective. So hopefully I will be able to create a teaser trailer which looks more proffesional and meets the brief.
Also in a thriller there are many abstract theories and concepts for example some of the different types of thrillers are shown below.

Action Thriller- Usually a race against time, with lots of violence and special effects such as explosions.

Crime Thriller- Suspensful account of a crime, focusing on the criminal centre topics are usually murder or robbery.

Psychological Thriller- It revolves around the conflict between main characters, which is mental and emotional rather than physical.

Although on the small scale in which I am creating my thriller teaser trailer, I like the idea of a thriller counting down in time like it is a race against the clock until something bad happens, therefore the main feature of the trailer could be the clock counting down as it is only a hint to what happens in the film. I am drawn to the idea of a Crime Thriller as this is what intrests me the most, also it would be easy to film near to me and would be convineant. I would therefore like to combine the clock from an action thriller and the crime scenareo in a teaser trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment