Monday 13 December 2010

Music

Finding music for my teaser trailer, to me was one of the most challenging parts as I found it hard to source what I wanted. I searched through lots of different tracks but couldnt find anything that would fit my teaser trailer. I tried the two songs below with my teaser trailer however they did not create the correct atmosphere.

Schindler's List-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMx2SKIRkw4



I looked into this music as I knew it would create a uncomfortable and eerie atmosphere. However when I placed this track on the footage that had been shot, it moved to slow and did not fit in with the style of the teaser trailer.

Bullet Proof-


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WMpc61wpk




I the experimented with using the opening to this track before the singing began however I found that after recieving feedback from other media students it was to robotic. Also it did not create the desired atmosphere.

I therefore had to continue my search for music for my teaser trailer. This was very time consuming and caused a delay as I needed the music to be able to continue editing, so the shots fit with the music.
I then found some music that will fit my film.
Something on the track by Harry Gregson Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alztY5QCXHE


This music had a faster tempo which fit the pace of my shots, also it helped to create a unexpected and thrilling atmosphere. The music is very eerie and creepy. Therefore as the music changes pace this can fit with my shots throughout the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment